Last updated: June 18, 2023
The DeFi Edge, inc. (“The DeFi Edge,” “we,” “us” or “our”) respects your privacy and knows that you care about protecting your personal information.
Information We Collect
We collect information about you when you access or use our Services. Information includes:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, address, email address, phone number, billing and credit card information, and other information that may not be publicly available (“personal information”).
- Information about you that does not identify you personally, including, but not limited to, your demographic information (for example, your age, gender, race, religion, political affiliation, and household income), personal interests, online interactions, viewing data, requests for Services, communications with us and third parties, advertisement interactions, and any other activities when using the Site or our Services.
- Information you provide when you register with the Services, when adding or updating account preferences, and when subscribing for any Services.
- Information about your transactions using the Services, including, but not limited to, your purchases and order history.
- Information that is collected by Tracking Technologies, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Opt-Out Procedures” below.
- Information from other sources combined with information we collect through our Services. For example, if you create or log into your account through a third-party social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media sites.
Use of Information
We collect the information above for the following purposes.
- Provide, maintain, improve, and promote our Services;
- Provide and deliver the information, products, and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, surveys, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by The DeFi Edge and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content, or features that match user profiles or interests;
- To maintain security over your information, the Services, and its contents;
- To sell or rent your information to third parties, subject to applicable laws and restrictions;
- Facilitate contests and promotions, and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- To diagnose technical or Service-related problems;
- To carry out our responsibilities and enforce any contracts between you and us, including billing and collection rights;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
All information collected from users of our Services belongs to us, whether or not such information is personal information, the information you volunteer, or information passively collected about you. As such, such information may be subject to transfer to a new owner in the event of our bankruptcy, sale, or liquidation.
Sharing of Information
We may share information about you that we collect as follows:
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work or perform services on our behalf;
- When you participate in the interactive areas of our Services, certain information you provide may be displayed to other users, such as your name, photo, comments, and other information you choose to provide;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our Terms of Service, user agreements, or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of The DeFi Edge or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of The DeFi Edge assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may store personal information in locations outside of our direct control; for instance, on servers or databases where the hosting provider is located. Additionally, we may share or sell aggregate information about users of our Services that does not personally identify individuals with our partners, affiliates, advertisers, and other third parties without restriction. We may also share this information with third parties to analyze visitor data, activities, and usage of the Services to make improvements to the Services and experiences its users.
If you choose to participate in any promotions or similar events through the Services, the rules or terms and conditions for such events may change the way we share your information with third parties. Please review the applicable rules or terms and conditions for all such events in which you participate.
We take the security of your information seriously and have electronic, physical, and administrative measures in place for your protection. These security measures seek to protect your information both online and offline from disclosure, alteration, or unauthorized use. However, no transmission of data over the internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. Third parties may be able to access private communications illegally; for instance, through the use of hacking and viruses. As such, all information you transmit on or via the Services is at your own risk. We are not responsible for instances where third parties circumvent our security measures without authorization, illegally or otherwise.
- Email: Contact us explaining the specific communications or privacy practices you want to opt out of. You may also opt out by clicking “unsubscribe,” or a similar button, at the bottom of any emails we may send you and then following the online instructions. However, please note that it may not be possible to opt out of certain emails (for example, confirmation emails related to services you have requested).
- Cookies: To opt out of cookies and other tracking technologies, you can configure or disable cookies in your browser settings. However, please note that doing so may affect the availability or functionality of our Services.
Our Services do not knowingly collect personal information from persons under 18 years of age. If you are under 18 years of age, do not provide any personal information to us. We will delete all information that we discover is provided by children under 18 years of age without verification of parental consent. Please contact us if you believe we have received personal information from a child aged under 18 and we will use our best efforts to remove such information.
Links to Other Websites
Cross-Border Data Transfers
Your personal information may be processed and transferred to countries other than your own, including, but not limited to, any country in which we operate. Some of these countries may have different laws and practices regarding data protection than your country. By using the Site and Services, you agree to such cross-border transfers of your personal information.